Monday, 10 March 2008
Best Chocolate Cupcakes
BEST CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES (Nurdia, c&p frm Mamafami)-tq
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla essance
3/4 cup buttermilk *
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. In a small bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, egg and vanilla essance until smooth.
3. Alternately whisk in flour mixture and buttermilk, making 3 additions of flour mixture and 2 of buttermilk, beating until bater is smooth. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Scoop bater into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven at 180 celcius for 22 - 27 minutes or until top of cupcakes spring back when lightly touched.
5. Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely on rack.
Note : To make buttermilk : 1 cup milk + 1 tablespoon lemon juice